Monday, August 20, 2007

Bin 333 & 444. Salut!

What the heck?! Simi Bin333 & 444?! Has Rezzledaz finally lost it and gone stark raving mad? No lah! Bin 333 & 444 are a vineyard's trademark for their pinot noir and cabernet sauvignon. Ole Rezzledaz here is a vinophiliac (For the record I coined this word first!). I love my alcohol. Besides, cold weather and resveratrol are good excuses for drinking hehe. Here in Kingsford, Sydney the wine price is around 13.99 AUD/bottle for Wyndham Estate's Bin series at the local liquor shop. That's probably about 18.80 SGD. Don't drink lagi wasted! Wyndham Estate's most famous grape is Shiraz but I drink that pretty often and it's quite well known so I guess I'll skip on the review of that. For those who want to try the Shiraz its known by the trademark Bin555. Should be able to find it at most shops in SG.

Pinot Noir is a tough grape, sometimes its spectacular sometimes like sai. Best one of course is from Burgundy in France but Rezzledaz is poor so cannot afford to fly in a cask or two. This Bin333 is berry red, fresh raspberry first notes with a bit of cassis. It's lightly sweet lower in dryness(tannins). After taste is earthy and lightly spice, doesn't linger too long. I will give it a 6.8/10. Winespectator gave it a 87 points. I think Pinot Noir can be better, but just my personal opinion .I'm not a trained sommelier so don't take my word for it. I think it will taste good mixed with brut (non-Champagne region produced bubbly wines). Will try and let you guys know, after my tests keke. For beef stew though it imparts some pretty neat flavors. I added it into my beef stew cooked in the afternoon with some rosemary. Wah shiok man. Yah I cooked my chop-chop red wine beef stew because I have evening classes so cooked it during lunch and scooped it on some rice and garlic bread for dinner. Nice!Those who know me should know I'm quite picky about food hurhur. Ah if you guys want the beef stew recipe can MSN me or drop a comment. I use the easy method hehe.

Bin444 is cabernet sauvignon. Full bodied , smoky and ripe berries. Quite typical of the usual cabernet. Stronger tannins than Bin333. More lingering in my opinion. I give it a 7.2/10. Cabernet sauvignon's pretty much a safe bet in most wine producing regions. Its an old variety. For cooking I used it in deglazing the pan and making red-wine sauce for lamb chop or steaks. Last week I made red wine sauce with Bin444 on lamb cutlet. Not bad. Enhances the lamb with it's flavors. The carbo I paired it with was mint potatoes ,quite a good complement. You guys might want to try.

Ok next will be a review of Chardonnay I guess. Yea because I need a drink to go with my chao fan(fried rice) haha. I think the creamy old chardonnay should be a perfect match to go along. Oh yes Ah Huey I haven't tried Old Bastard brand you tasked me to. Will give you a review of that soon!